Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Dottie's World" Guest DT Flower Pot Fairy Card + Challenges



Hello,
Hope you are all having a great weekend! Thanks for spending part of it with me! ;D
This is the second card that I have done for my August guest DT spot with "Dottie's World". This challenge is... Monochrome – Set by Nicole.
Nicole said...
“Hello Ladies!
My first hosted challenge...yikes-I'm kinda nervous!
I'd like to see monochromatic for your card....one color, any color...different shades and tones of the same color are totally fine.
The Charmed Download can be colored with as many colors as you'd like.


I used "Daisy" from "Charmed Cards" "Pixie Chicks #2 Collection". I painted her in flame colors. Don't you think she is HOT? LOL! I think the bright oranges contrast with the greens to really make her pop from the card.



I used Bazzill and some stash DP for this one. The green embellishments are understated so your attention goes to "Daisy". I tried something new with the image background. I doodled in some texture by moving my brush in a random circular motion. I was going for a subdued mossy feel. What do do you think? Did it add to the image or should I have left it white? I love input from my friends! Remember, you can click on any picture to enlarge for a better look at the detail work.



I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Paper Take Weekly -“Four Seasons” – Use colors that remind you of a season.
I used yellows, oranges, reds and greens that remind me of the hot days of summer.

Digital Tuesday Challenge #18 – Bling and a digital image!
I used lots of colors of Stickles and some dew drops for my bling and the image is a “Charmed Cards” download.

Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #10 - "Use a Digital Image"
I used a "Charmed Cards" digi.

My Time To Craft Challenge #72 – “Neglected or Forgotten Stash”
I used some DP that was buried in the bottom of my scrap drawer. I can’t even remember the maker….oooops! LOL!

Creative Inspirations Challenge #20 – “Doodling”
I doodled the image background in with a paintbrush.

Please remember to leave a comment before you go check out the other "Dottie's World" DT's cards. They are all awesome and you never know...they just might inspire you to join us in this week's challenge!
Thanks for dropping by!
Hugs,

18 comments:

June Nelson said...

Its fabulous True, really gorgeous colours, have a good day huggies June xxxx

Dragonlady said...

Hi True

Love the colours you chose for this image. She is sweet.

Ali x

Juls said...

wow this is just stunning!! what an amazing image! I love the contrast of the bright orange with the sage green!

PinksyDoodles said...

This is stunning True, the image really pops. I think the background looks great - it really suits the Pixie and adds to the card. I'm sure white would have looked great too, but this background gives the effect that the Pixie is in the woodland. Fantastic.
Clare x

Karen Mortensen said...

Lovely card True; I love the earthy colours you have chosen. I think this is the first time I have seen my terracotta pot used and it looks fabulous with your "mossy feel" background. Thank you for designing for us this week ♥

Suzi Mac said...

Aw! she is so cute, I love how you have coloured her, I think the effect you have created is fab. looks like she has material on her dress and top of her boots. Gorgeous card.
Suzi xx

Lilacanglia said...

Love this card,
beautiful colours,
Thank you for joining us at Kaboodles this week,
Hugs
Angie
DT Kaboodles

Ellibelle said...

This is just beautiful. Your coloring is amazing. Love everything about this card. Thanks so much for joining us at digital tuesday.

Andrea said...

What a fabulous card! I love the hot colours, and the background looks great! Your colouring is fantastic, and I love the way you have decoupaged the sweetie image!
Love, Andrea xx

Unknown said...

A fantastic card - love the colours you have used.

Thanks for taking part in the Kaboodle challenge.

Dianne said...

Great Card !! I like what you did with the background. Colors are terrific.

raindropecho said...

Fantastic card! Love the bright colors and the stitching is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining our challenge this week and hope to see you back :D
- Ann @ Kaboodle Doodles

Emma said...

Wow such a stunning card, gorgeous image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Lora said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colours you have used and the image is coloured perfectly.
Thanks for joining us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge this week.
Lora x

Dawny P said...

This is just stunning - I love the image and those colours :) A fabulous card chick. Thank you for joining us over at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Absolutely gorgeous, stunning depth of colour - thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

Adrina said...

You have some beautiful cards on your blog.
Nice work!!

Adrina from The Netherlands. XX

Linanna DESIGNS said...

You have been busy since my last visit her True, with so many gorgeous makes i am loving tehm all. Fabulous images and stunning papers. Hope you have a good evening, hugs Linda x